Well, I know that I am being lazy about pictures and hoping to have more than 5 minutes spare time this weekend so I can post some but I wanted to post this story and I regrettably don't have a picture to go with it anyway.
Well Chad and I ventured down to Lake Powell with my parents and my brother and his wife. Well with the exception of one night my 9 month old twins had never slept anywhere except for their own cribs and even naps I can count on one hand when they've taken a decent nap anywhere except their own crib. So they stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Barney. Well, everything went well but I definately got the feeling that they were happy to see us after 3 nights and not much sleep...
Anyway so we were gone and they took the kids to church. They were sitting on the 2nd row during Sacrament Meeting. Kael started crying(nap time of course) and so Patty (chad's mom) was taking him out. Well both him and his brother love hair so he reached and grabbed hold of the elderly lady's hair in front of him. Patty didn't notice and kept walking. Trent said, "mom stop he has her hair" well she looked down and he literally had the poor lady's hair...She wore a wig hiding patches of baldness and Kael had it in his hand. She quickly got up and left while patty and my mischevious child followed behind. Well, I guess quite a few people got a kick out of it and I laughed really hard but I am glad that it was grandma holding my beautiful little Kael and not I in that situation!!!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
That is so funny! Kind of sad for the old lady. You should submit that story in Parents magazine, it would be a hit. I can't wait to see you all. I will call you when I get out there. take care
oh man....that poor lady. I can't believe your twins are already 9 months! crazy. that's a great story, haha!
How about I WISH you had a picture of that. So funny.
I am sure that will be a moment not soon forgotten in that ward. That is so funny!
Ok that is funny now i wish I would have stayed and gone to church with them. That would have been so funny to see. I emailed you some pictures that I took of the kids while we were down there. I hope that you get them if not let me know. It was a lot of fun being able to spend some time with your kids. We did get a taste of what we will be doing in a few months. But with only one baby.
That is a GREAT story! So funny. I bet Chad's mom was so embarrassed. haha! So fun that you could get away to Lake Powell and have a little break.
First off that is GREAT you got a moment away, those times are important too. What a funny story, and that lady's hair..haha..
Hey LynDee I'm so excited I found your blog. Your twins are darling. I haven't had a chance to see them until now. I really have to watch Bennett at sacrament because he's also attracted to lady's hair.
Hey Lou- I read through most of this. I love it. I only saw your little girl once & she was like a few months old. she is darling. she looks like a blue eyed Russell. your boys are too cute too. I am excited to keep in touch a little bit better. I am coming the end of July/ first of Aug.
how did you get your page so cute? i am having a hard time figuring all thi stuff out. i want mine to be cute like that.
I feel like this is only the beginning of such stories for you and your chick-lets. So funny!
That is seriously hilarious! It will be one of those stories that he will hear about the rest of his life. I love it. We need to get together soon. Nate has weekly or maybe bi-weekly races down at Snowbasin, so maybe we can plan it on the same night.
I am not sure if I should laugh or cry. My heart is so sad for the grandma, but my head is saying that is freaking hilarious! That would be so embarrassing! I feel bad for Grandma Barney as well! Too FUNNY!
Holy smokes! That is the funniest story I've heard in a while. Ha HA HA!
Post a Comment