Saturday, July 19, 2008
IUD Update....
Well this is a follow up from my last post...Well, on Thursday night after having a few people over for a barbeque I started feeling some chest pain. I felt short of breath but I also hadn't eaten steak in a while so I figured that maybe I just had heartburn. Well, I awoke like 5 or 6 times that night but I din't have any tums so I just wrote it off. Then my sister and I went for a walk in the morning and I felt like I had pressure when taking deep breaths so when I got home and realized that I had a rash starting all over my body I decided to call my dr. She was in surgery. I told the nurse the story and she said she would talk to my dr. and call me back(a call was returned telling me that these symptoms were not related to the IUD but if they got worse to go to the ER). I decided to call the ER(where I work) and luckily it my was favorite dr. who was on. She said to come over before my scheduled ultrasound and we would do an x-ray to make sure it hadn't perforated. So we all looked at the x-ray and had determined that it must've just fallen out cause we couldn't see it anywhere then the dr gasped and swore..then pointed. It was almost up to my ribs..Somehow, I have been given no explanation how or why but it traveled through my uterine wall and was in my abdomen...luckily my diaphragm was protecting my lungs but my bowels and other organs were still at risk so about an hour later I went to surgery. They were able to do a laparoscopy and I have 2 small holes in my abdomen and I am just so glad that dang thing is out of me! My dr told chad after the surgery that the strings were starting to wrap around my liver. So now I just have to make sure I don't have to pay for any of this. Supposedly my uterus will just heal itself and according to my trustworthy dr I will have no lasting effects! But I am doing good, just sore and tired! I am just taking a break from laying down to update you all and tell you thanks for the support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
K, this is nuts! Its seriously what you read about in medical mystery books. I'm really glad that everything should be ok. Love ya
Oh...not sure when i'll come back, maybe Sept, maybe Oct.
Holy cow, Lyndee! This is so crazy! I've never heard of anything like this. I'm so glad you are ok. Take it easy.
So when are you getting your new IUD??:)
HOLLY COW.. I am happy to hear you are doing better. What a scary thing. That is why I never got one, because I always feared something like that would happen to me...
Something I have learned over the last few years, mainly last year.. is that you NEVER know what can happen... If you check out one of my very first posts where I was in the hospital and almost died last year, you'll know what I'm talking about. YOU JUST NEVER KNOW what can happen...Glad you are doing better..
Wow LynDee, I'm so glad you're ok. That is soooo freaky. What an experience. Sure hope everything heals well.
LynDee! There were no words just gasps while reading your horrific story. I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE OKAY!
So sorry you had to go through all of that. Your story made up my mind about not getting one. I was really contemplating getting one after this baby, but have heard a lot of horror stories,and yours just topped it off, now my decision is official. Plus Jeremy won't let me after hearing your story. Hope you heal quickly. We will the thinking about you.
Makelle
Hopefully you will be doing much better now! I need you and Chad's address. -Joel
We are so happy to hear that you got it out and that things are going much better for you. I told the girls I work with about it and they said that they would never get one either.
I can't believe that it had gone up in to your ribs! I'm glad that you're okay! I hope you get feeling better soon.
I can't believe that happened!!! How random is that? Are you feeling okay now? That's kind of scary. Hopefully your recovery will be quick.
I cannot even believe this! It is by far the craziest form of birth control I've ever heard! Okay, so let's get serious, apparently you're supposed to get pregnant again soon. That's what the underlying meaning is in all of this. So, are you up for triplets? Let's try that this time!
Love ya! Hope you're feeling better!
Crazy LynDee good thing that you went in. I can egg the docs car for you the next time I'm up if you want!
ok i totally can't believe this story is real. i hope you are ok. that is so scarey! i was freaking out reading this. i almost got t one after Mitch but it was going to cost like $500. glad i didn't try that. hope you are feeling ok. good job going in. i probably would've just taken some benadryl or something. take it easy.
Lyn, Oh my goodness. That is so insane. I really am so happy that you are okay. That is so scary. I have heard great things about that thing too, but now I will never do it. I am so sorry you had to go through this.
Love ya.
Kare
Wow!! I happened on your blog through Morgans and laughed while reading this post. I had an IUD put in. A year later I was pregnant!! After being rushed to my doctor, and for many ultrasounds they could'nt find it. So my preg. was high risk, not knowing what was going on. After my baby was born my doc checked everything and nothing was there. They did an x-ray.It had gone thru my uterus and was up by my ribs in a weird muscle. They did a laparoscopy and got it. Ya, it didn't work so well for me either!!
Post a Comment