Friday, July 11, 2008

Memories

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you new me a little or a lot. Anything you remember!


2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. Its actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.


...or about Chad or both of us!

10 comments:

Kaesy said...

Oh Lyn, I was so happy to see your memory of me...how funny that you remember my road rash. Probably because you and Shaylee were my doctors and had to clean it out while I screamed laying on the carpet. Ugh.

Here's my memory for you: Back when we were roomies and the handsome Elder Blake Stanford came home from his mission and you two crushed on each other for about five minutes, we wrote a little song. Remember? "Every kiss, before Blake's, was nothing but a waste of breath. And every I love you was just a woop-de-do never knew what I missed, before Blake...do doo dooo dooooooooo oooh ooh." Oh my we were nerdy.

And, Lyn, I'm always sad about our stupid little fights too. I guess that's what you get when you throw six eighteen-year-old girls together in a small apartment and Karrie laughs at the top of her lungs (just kidding Kare). I am always sad when I think about what kind of person I let myself be back then. Anyway, I love you tons and have nothing but good memories of hanging out with you, driving in the car, and listening to "Can't Fight the Moonlight" one too many times. How funny.

Guenter Family said...

I don't even know where to start with my memories of Chooch. It all started back in 8th grade when he wiped a booger on me during basketball practice. We never looked back from that point. In high school he tried to run me over with his big Buick. We used to play all sorts of pranks on the weekends whether it was flaming poos, penny tapping, or my favorite the Black PUA's. Chooch, you remember what I'm talking about. The one thing that will always stick with me though is that I always knew that when hanging out with Chad I was never going to do anything bad. I knew I could always count on him to help me live the standards of the church. Don't get me wrong, we had our share of fun, but it was always within the limits. Thanks Chooch. You have helped me out probably more than you'll ever know. Sorry this post is so mushy and gay.

The Hammonds said...

Lyndee-
I am laughing so hard right now. I remember when I dropped you off at Mike's apartment and then at like 2:00 in the morning coming to pick you up, but you weren't ready so I left at came back at like 4:00.
I remember singing Diamond Rio and LeAnn Rimes in the living room, you taking care of Kaesy when she scraped her back rollerblading.

I think about playing together in the middle. I loved that. I also remember when I played on your guys' team in North Ogden when we were little and I was such an outcast because I swore all the time. ha ha..

I loved living with you. You kept all of us in line. You were the mom of the house. I loved it. I miss your guts. Love you.

The Hammonds said...

LynDee I totally just read what you put on Kaesy's and I totally forgot about all of those funny things. The brownies in the guys' drinks were hilarious, and lets not forget Chaysie's Fred the Fish when she was hypnotized. What about Silent Football...ha ha...too many memories.

Heidi said...

I have lots of great memories of you LynDee, but the one that stands out the most right now is the summer when me, you, Erika, Christy, and Kris had a sleepover almost every night. I had so much fun sleeping on tramps, and your driveway and being dumb girls!

terynmendenhall said...

Lyndee, I must recall my first day of church at Dixie. I was sitting next to you, Chad walked through the doors in the chapel and completely serious you said, "I'm going to marry that fine man." So so great, and you did! I also must recall you being the first to diagnose me with ADD due to our biology class together. The video we made while the tri city posse bus could not go into reverse. Great commentary. Playing tetris and ping pong. Back tickles during church. Going to your condo at Powder mountain, so so fun. Mostly I miss our talks and laughing together. Love ya

Justin and Amber said...

The one night I could never forget is when your family went out of town and you asked me to sleep over. (I don’t know where Katie and Nicole were). Well you got a call from Brady Stewart whom you had a crush on and so off we went at 11pm or so. You went into his house while I was outside in your CRX parked in front of his house. Gosh what a good friend I was. It seemed like an eternity especially because I am a wuss and every time I would hear a noise I would freak. Well you finally came out at who knows when. We drove back to your house (that no one was supposed to be at) only to find every light in the house on and your dads shop garage opening. We pull up to your house and there were mattresses on the grass. You decided that we needed to go in. I was scared to death but followed, we went in and your house was a mess. You told me to go to the font door and not let anyone past me because you were sure there was someone still in your house. I was just glad that I could get out of the house and thinking ya right I am not stopping anyone I just want to hide. So I sat on the front step. Then I herd footsteps coming from your driveway. They had got away and I then became scared of you thinking you would be mad that I let them go. We got in the CRX and followed them. Going all around the neighbor hood you were right on their tail. We came to mile hill and you were in I swear 1st gear going 50mph. You grabbed a pen and shouted right down their license plate number. I did you backed off and we called the cops. The cop wouldn’t tell you whose car it was but you persuaded them that if you could guess whose car it was then he would tell you. You found out it was Mark Hansens car and we immediately drove to Erica Allens house. You tapped on her window she came out and admitted that her, casha and mark did this as a prank. That night we went back to my house probably because I was way to scared to stay at yours and told my mom what happened. I am just surprised that she didn’t wonder why all of that minus the brady part took until 4 in the morning. Any ways sorry for the forever-long memory, but I will never forget it. Oh ya Erica did come and help us clean up and maybe casha too, I cant remember it was 10 years ago.

Kaitlan said...

There are so many memories I don't even know where to begin. One of my favorites was going to the World Cup with you and your family. That was a day I will always remember, we had so much fun! I will also never forget when we (you, me, amber and nicole) were making up a dance routine in your basement and your brother D.J. came down and Nicole was doing some kind of shimmy(the boob shimmy, i think) and she was so emabarrased. I think that was how it went but it was also like 10or 12 years ago. It was pretty funny, sorry Nicole, but it was.

FRYER FAM said...

Lou, I too have tons of good memories of you. I am going to go w/ some of the earliest ones. I remember when the Russells moved to North Ogden & Randy & Shane became friends & you got to be on our little softball team even though you were a year younnger- & I remember playing soccer for Cheryl (pink heat) you remember- up the alley down the street, whose the toughest team to beat, pink heat pink heat lets go pink heat. gone are the days. I remember tons of fun times in high school too but what stands out for me is I don't remember ever being bugged at you. you have always been a great friend. thanks. i miss you. go for the short hair cut! it will be fun. change is good & it will grow back.

krista davis said...

Dearest Lyndel- Man i love you! You were always so much fun, and always so real. It seems like of all us girls, you were the most grounded and mature. So good for you...always a good source for advice. Remember when I urinated on Cody?...Remember that? You were so very inventive and helpful. I remember thinking that was the end of my worid, and you totally fixed the situation. We snuck into his house, and were brainstorming in the hallway, and then were so suprised to see him skipping school, and still in the bed with my pee. I, still, just thinking about that day can't stop laughing. Or our wonderful study nights for physiology...we were so smart, huh? Dude...I am at work, and have to go...but there is much more to say. I'll be back