Saturday, October 4, 2008

First Time on Horses!






I am the only member of my family who had ridden a horse (other than Cali riding a pony at the fair). Chad at 28 had never ridden a horse, so we have some friends in our ward whose dad has a barn and a ton of horses where he does lessons. They live about 2 miles away from us. We went and all rode horses. Cali couldve just sat on that horse("SWEETS") while he walked all day. Cody our friend was so awesome and just walked around over and over with her while Chad and I chased our boys around trying to keep them from eating hay (and whatever may else be on the ground in a stinky barn). Chad rode next and just walked around for a while. On our way home I asked him if he got bored and wanted to trot or run. Knowing Chad and his adventurous side, I was surprised as he looked at me with surprise on his face and said, "No I loved it, it was only my first time. I was just getting used to the horse." Chad and Cody have talked about a mountain ride so he's hopeful! The twins were not fans. They cried shortly after being placed on the horse. I rode last and for some reason they were under the impression that I was experienced and kept prompting me to gallop. I tried and got close as they kept yelling kick harder. The problem is that every time I kicked he did not respond and only ran when he heard their voices. I had absolutely no control and that is pretty much the same experience that I've had with all my horse experiences. In fact that is similar to my life as a mom. No matter how much control I pretend to have..I have none. Anyway, the pics are dark but since it was a first for four of us I had to post.

9 comments:

The Coopers said...

That is awesome! I can't remember if you ever rode horses with me or not???? However, it has been hit and miss for me over the last few years, even though my parents ride, I hardly ever do. I think I am major scared now. Yes I love the mom and control comment, that is very much how I feel, it is amazing how things change, and how kids can humble you so much, I used to think I would do things a certain way and all would be well, ya right!!! Well cute pictures!

Kaitlan said...

looks like fun. Horses are so unpredictable to me, so I always get a little nervous before I get on one.

Mindi said...

I'm glad you finally got Chad out on a horse!! That's great of the Fowers' to let you ride them. Sounds like fun.

Holly and Daric said...

How fun, I love horseback riding! Cute new background by the way.

CHATELAINS said...

So I can't believe I came across your blog! Just the other day I was thinking about our time in st. geroge and the boys we meet and they sent a flowers thanks russ!! Your fam is so dang cute! I can't believe that you have three kids youll have to go look at the fam. www.theresnoplacelikethechatelains.blogspot.com I am so excited to keep in touch! Love the blog!

CHATELAINS said...

I still can't get over that you have twins it's crazy!! Your little girl I think looks just like you! So cute! Thanks for letting us know about Randy Kourt has talked to him, he was going to go out and stay with him but it's such a new program that they did not have anything set up! We are hoping for an interview in the big old Missippi! Kourt has alot of interviews so it's just trying to get to them all! I am so excited for him! do you live in utah? what does your husband do? and what do you do? I have not talk to you in like 8 years!! Your family is so cute and I am so glad that I found you! talk to you soon

FRYER FAM said...

sounds like you had an eventful day. did you do a new background? i like it. when are you coming down?

Holly and Daric said...

Yes, that is your old entertainment center. I kicked out the sliding door things before I painted it, so that makes it look a little different too. And we are planning on coming home for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know how long of trips they'll be but we'll be there I'm sure.

The Killer Bunch said...

Do you remember the days when we would ride horses with Natalie Holmes. They only obeyed her, which made for some adventurous rides.