MELLOW LITTLE BOYS! Well, I can't believe it but as I was reading my past journal and even a few of my beginning posts, I actually called my boys mellow. These little dudes are anything but mellow!! I miss mellow!
They used to just sit in their car seat and just look around and never cry. Well, these boys are seriously making me crazy. Kyson refuses to take his second nap but is so grumpy and onry with only one nap. They take everything I feed them out of their mouth then put it back in themselves...making feeding time a disaster. They throw and hit and push...and yes they are only 1. What have I done to make these mellow boys so wild???
I just started a new membership at Gold's(simply because of the daycare). Of the 3 times I've gone I've probably got in a total of a little over an hour of a workout. On Tuesday, 15 minutes into the workout, the nursery worker came and got me cause Kael wouldn't stop crying. She said, "he is too loud, we have a baby trying to sleep and he is gonna wake her up." When I got their he was crying but no-one was holding him or trying to console him. Another worker said to me, "He cries and cries and makes everyone else start crying. She never cry, but he start crying and make her cry." I was so mad, at the daycare people and at my kids. Can't I have a few minutes to myself???
OK so I just vented to you all. But I want any advice from anyone. I know I've had a 1 year old before but she was a good napper. Especially any mom of multiples...Kael sleeps great but Ky will scream so loud that after 15 minutes he will wake Kael up. If I just get him out of bed then he just whines and is grumpy. AHAHAHhh.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Hang in there...it does get a little easier. I did not have twins but I did have two boys 13 months apart...almost twins. Just tell yourself that church is just something that you do but might not get too much out of it until they are a little older. Just try to take a break from them when you can so you will be nice and fresh, ready to handle them with love.
I here you girl! I thought my little sweet Gracie was so easy going and mellow, and now that she is almost one she is anything but MELLOW. Hang in there.
Oh by the way, I wish I could give you some advice, but I need some for myself.
Lyndee,
I can't remember if I've commented on your blog before, but I am now. :) Anyway, do you know Carin Chugg? She went to school with me and she's married to Kirk Chugg who was a year older than you in school. Anyway, she is in like your exact situation. She has a little girl who is 3 I believe and has 1 year old twin boys. Anyway, I just read her tag line on Facebook two days ago and it said that she was thinking about starting a support group for moms with multiples. She lives in North Ogden. Anyway, perhaps you could ask her what she does with her two boys. She's super nice and was asking for references of other moms with multiples as well. Anyway, I can get you her info if you want to ask her anything, or like I said, she is on Facebook if you want to search for her there.
Hey! I found your blog from Shannon's - hope its OK to take a peek at your cute family. So, I have twins, and they were super naughty from day one! They hated their naps around this time too. Not like I'm an expert or anything, but I let them cry it out. Kenley has the loudest voice I have ever heard, and she would wake up Kade sometimes. He got used to it though! There was no way I was letting them get out of two naps a day that early! It was probably more for my sanity:) If they share a room, you may try and seperate them. As hard as it is to listen to them cry for so long, they eventually wear themselves out and get some much needed sleep. Just wait until they are four and they can talk back!! Good luck Lyndee!!
Amber
LynDee I am so sorry, your gym story makes me mad too. That is sad that they weren't even trying to console him. I wish I had some good advice, but I don't know how hard it would be to have twins. I think maybe separating them would be an idea if you could put one in a play pen in your room or something. I would try to stick to letting him cry it out too, just so you can keep your sanity. It's different for me(not having two), but that is one thing I have always tried to do was not let them out of it no matter how stubborn they were. Audrey went through a major protest, when we put her in a bed, she kept screaming and running to the door and sometimes it would take me over an hour to just keep walking in and putting her back and not talking to her at all (you could try walking in and making him lay down without talking, and he will get right back up but keep doing it every so often, it will wear him down and he will not get any attention from you). I thought I was going to go CRAZY for a few days, but she eventually knew she couldn't win. I am so sorry. I wish you luck and I hope that someone in your ward can help you out. Just a few hours a week to yourself. I have a friend I trade with and that works out really good. Well this one is really long, sorry.
I think they just start becoming independent little people at about this age and they are testing their limits. This was about the age that my boys went to one nap a day so maybe that's the problem. You have to learn to pick your battles and let them be independent when you can. I wish I could tell you it gets better, but then they learn to throw tantrums. You should call me sometime and we can talk and I can maybe tell you what I have found that helps. Good luck!
Oh man! I think that mellow and boys are two words that just don't go together...at least at my house. I was thinking the same thing...maybe they are ready to transition to one LONG nap a day. I really do feel for you. I used to think that church was a time for me to interact with adults and look nice for more than 5 minutes. Now, church = survival mode. I really could care less if we look like a 3 ring circus sometimes. That's just how it is and at least we go. The good news is only 4 more months until nursery. Whoo-whoo! It's especially hard when you feel like your kids are trying to sabotage your personal time - like the gym - when you're trying to do something good for yourself. Maybe there is a friend to trade with, or maybe you could go when your hubby is home?? Maybe he was just having a bad day? At any rate, all mother's need frequent GNO's (Girls Night Out). I used to do it all the time in Cali. Wish I had a friend to go with here..but I mostly just go by myself. I feel like I come back a better mom ready to tackle the task. Every mom needs a break and lots of them. Something that works well for my boys is physical activity. It just helps to get their energy out and usually results in great naps. It's hard to find sometimes, but it's worth it. Not really any advice, but I'm sure you are doing a way better than your think you are...it's just hard to see past the hard moments. Good luck!
I wish I had some advice, but I only have one to deal with. You must put on a good face, because you can't tell from the outside that there is a struggle. I'm sure things will get easier, at least that's what happened with my twin nieces. Good luck! Send them over to our house with Cali anytime. Greg loves your boys!
I hear you, I hear you, I hear you! My girls have been waking up at 6am & then ready to nap at 10:30 or 11:00. They only sleep for 30 min or so even though they're super tired. They then refuse to nap in the afternoon until I just let them cry it out. They usually end up either taking 2 30-min naps or 1 1 1/2 hour nap. I hear stories of people with kids that sleep in until 8 & then take 2 2-hr naps during the day & then go to bed at 7:30. I keep dreaming of the day... If you find something that works, let me know!
Knock your head into the wall three times.....sream a little...take 2 advil and drink an adult beverage (I prefer Dr. Pepper)
scream....or sream if you can't scream.
Thanks for the advice everyone...I know that their will be ups and downs. I am trying to remember that every day it is my choice how I choose to react to the "excitement" that comes my way! Thanks again.
LynDee, hey this is a bit ironic but Crystal told me about your post and today at the gym the guy at the counter told me they are going to make their Daycare bigger because they have people come to the Roy gym from Layton because of the care they get there. Anyway, I just thought I would let you know that he was a big fan of their daycare and mentioned that the one in Layton needs some work. I don't even know if you guys go to Golds but if so than maybe give Roy a try if it's not too far.
Hey so I actually did try Roy Gold's today, and it is 100% better. We will be going there...every time now! It is only a few minutes more in drive time.
Lyndee-
You are so funny. I didn't think you were saying it directly to me. I knew what you were saying, but thanks for clarifying.
This post gave me a lot of mix emotions. I could picture you getting so upset and so it gave me anxiety because I can only imagine how frustrating that was, but I also started laughing because its pretty funny.
I love Teryn's advise because I think that's what I would do. just start screaming at everyone.
LynDee
I have a random question, and can't find your email. I vaguely remember your family doing the 12 days of christmas for another family. do you know the little treats and sayings. I have been looking on the internet and am not finding anything please help
Post a Comment