- I am grateful for a little girl who will be my best friend for life. She holds me when I am sad or upset and tells me everything will be ok. She gives the best hugs and kisses.
- I am grateful for little boys whom at this point in their life think that their dad and I are the coolest people in the world. They seriously battle to be the one to be held and don't like it when we try to hold them both at once.
- A wonderful marriage that has its bad hours and good hours but has never ended the day on a bad note.
- A wonderful family who supports me and helps me---actually the most appropriate way to describe my family is that they are my key to survival. My mom has quickly returned to that role she thought she had outgrown as I have once again become a bit too dependent on her but she embraces it and does a wonderful job. I hope to once be the type of grandma she is to my kids. I am grateful that my dad is retired so he has time to help me and he always seems to know when I need a break and calls and takes us all to lunch. Chad's parents are also so great to take the kids when we are down their to give us a break, and aunts and uncles who still think my kids are "so fun."
- I am grateful for so many spiritual blessings. I take for granted the comfort that I have knowing that my family will be together forever. I am grateful for the Priesthood and especially for Chad's worthiness to hold it. I am grateful for great neighbors and ward members who have made us feel so welcome.
- I love that when I ever leave the family for an errand or etc in a hurry, Cali will follow yelling, "Mama, you forgot hugs and kisses." And when I get back she is so excited and says, "Oh mom I'm so glad you're home."
- I am grateful that I can screw up and apologize to my kids and they never ever hold grudges!
- I am grateful for the times when my kids seem to be in on a secret and they are all belly laughing about something that only they can understand.
Well, I truly have so many blessings and am so happy. I read a quote recently that the true happiness comes from working to make others happy. Until becoming a mom I wouldve just correlated this to serving neighbors or others but this hits home for me as a mom. Although it is hard to give up your former life and change, in the long run the only true happiness that we will have is in relation to the happiness of our families!
11 comments:
You are so awesome, I think you are the best mom. Way to count your blessings!! It would be awesome to get together during the holidays, lets work it out.
I agree that it is so easy to get in a rut of self pity, thanks for that post, it helped me out also. Yes we will for sure get together and we will make a better effort, we have been slackers in the past. See you soon.
Makelle
You're so sweet Lind. You made me cry with that one. It's amazing how the same we all feel sometimes. You really are such a great mom and I'm glad we can discuss our techniques with each other. It makes me feel better that I'm not alone. (btw Addy's still not potty trained. I'm kind of passively training now)
Love ya so much and we hope to see you guys sometime before Christmas.
Amen! That was so well said. Sometimes I need to take a step back and realize all the good. I especially liked the one about having forgiving children...I think they just have to be because parenting is hard. :)
What a cute post. Thanks for sharing and helping me see the light too! You are great!
It is good to see you posting again. I know you are a busy lady, but I missed your posts. It is very true that nothing is more important in life than the relationships we have with our family members. happy holidays to you and your family, we hope to see you in December or January. take care.
Thanks for making me cry today!! Ditto on a lot of them...
Kim
Thanks for making me take a step back and look at my own life. There is so much to be grateful for. You are an amazing mom and a great example to me. Thanks for being a great friend!!
LynDee-
i finally bookmarked your blog so i can see it at the click of a button. i found myself teary eyed and with a lump in my throat while reading this post, probably for several reasons, but i wanted you to know how impressed i am with you and chad and the life that you are making together, and to see how firm your foundation is in the gospel that brought us together when we first met chad as a new missionary. to think that WE had a little 2 or 3 year old mckenzie running around our home (half naked) when "elder barney" was serving here is a crazy thought! i know it is part of the plan for our children to grow up and move on, but OH, what i would give to be able to turn back the clock 10 years and have them all still under our roof! thanks for sharing some of the things that you are grateful for! it touched me...we love you guys! xo
Jeez Lyn...You got me all choked up! I can't really relate, but I hope to one day, and I know that you are seriously the best mom. I love ya girl.
LynDee you truely are amazing, and always have been. You are a wonderful example. I loved reading everything you wrote. It helps me to remember all of the little things really are big. Your family is lucky to have you, and you're lucky too.
Post a Comment