Twins are double trouble.
They cry, they smach, they tear.
They break and spill and bite
and scratch, and pull each others' hair.
They practice art upon the walls,
and yank electric plugs.
And crackers, milk, and something else
gets ground into the rugs.
They drive their mother crazy,
Their father is beserk;
He's glad when monday rolls around
so he can go to work.
The diaper pails are filled again,
The laundry tub's piled high.
The doctor's bills and others too,
are mounting to the sky.
So, if you have a single child
as placid as a dove,
contain your envy, if you can,
we have double love.
Al Willis
This is a poem that was given to me by my nurse the day I delivered my twins...she also had twins and it fits my family perfectly. Especially the "can't wait for monday" part!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Hey Lyndee I was just reading some of your old posts about you and your busy little twins and thinking to myself that I totally know how hard it is. Right now I keep thinking that I can't wait for them to grow up but I know that it only gets harder. My girls are such hard babies, not only do they require a little extra attention (medically) but they are so high maintenance, just like my 3 year old. Don't you want to just pull out your hair some days and hope that nobody is watching you in case you get really close to wanting to beat your kids! Wow don't turn me in or anything,but it is for sure 100 times harder with two than one,can you imagine anything more than 2!
That is a great poem, very catchy in writing.
AMEN!!!!
That made me laugh! My boys have hit their terrible twos, I hate to tell you this, but they seem to only get harder some times. I'm pretty sure I have bald spots right now. At least we can keep laughing right?
I love it! Send them over any time you need a break. Luke thinks of them as his brothers, too. He would love to play. It may help to prepare him for his next brother!!
Oh that poem is so cute! I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas, and I did get your message a while ago. Sorry it has been so crazy lately, I'm sure everyone has been. So we want to have you guys up sometime!
Hi LynDee. It's so fun to see your blog and your cute family! It's been forever! We need to get together
Hey, it was so fun to see you. We seriously need to get together more. I miss you!
Oh LynDee, I love you, post something NEW!
amen!
Post a Comment