Thursday, February 5, 2009

Half Marathon?

Chad has been gone working from 6:30 am until 9:00 pm all week as they are moving into their new building. He had to work last Saturday and I was so annoyed (although I know he doesn't want to be their either--but Saturday's are sacred to me) so when he got home I took off and went running. So I ran for over two hours and when I clocked it out after, I found that I had run approximately 13 miles. So I hate running, but for some reason it was liberating! After the first 2 miles it was just putting one foot in front of the other. I have been working out regularly but the idea of distance running has never been my friend. So although my knees ached for 24 hours I realized that my body actually can do more than I thought it could. I understand that feeling that those people from biggest loser get when they realize they can do more then they thought. Anyway the moral of the story is that I signed up today to face my distance running fear again for the Bear Lake Half Marathon. My sister has already signed up and 1-2 more friends have said they wanted to join us so the more the merrier. It is June 13th! It will be fun! Go to active.com! Depending on how many actually do it, we have the plush bunkhouse and trailer at Bear Lake to stay at! (you guys who have been their before know what I mean about plush---who's afraid of termites anyway!ha)

Oh and to update on my family, we took off a couple of weeks ago for St.George when the air was so bad up here. We spent 5 days down their and loved it. Luckily my my dad was able to come and help me and just having another adult around to help out is amazing. My mom came down for 2 days too. I miss living their so much! I wish Chad could've been their with us, but it was so nice to let the kids be outside. Everyone got healthy and that lasted for about 1 week when we got home and now we all are on the tail ends of the cough/cold that everyone seems to have! The basement is almost ready for paint so we are really excited for that too! I will get some pictures next time!

11 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

Good luck! You are amazing!!! I am way too big of a wimp.

J + A Humphreys said...

I am trying to decide on doing the Ogden Half Marathon. My SIL is doing it and wants me to come up and do it with her. I love to run, it totally relaxes me, but I hate to race. That is so cool that you just wiped out 13 miles just like that. Doing the pseudo single mom thing is no fun - I know how you feel. Glad to hear you have Sunday drama too, makes me feel better. So fun that you are finishing your basement. It would be awesome to have so much space.

Nate said...

TWO HOURS! Holy cow, I would have been in an ambulance after 30 minutes. You are awesome, good luck with the marathon, let me know how it goes. Thanks for inviting me to play soccer with ya. I had lots of fun even though my lungs were on FIRE!

Nate said...

Nate = Kaitlan, just in case you were wondering.

Timothy and Nicole said...

Oh wow! I am so stoked for you. I have thought over the idea of a marathon or half that is, and it scares me. I think I would rather try a triathlon. But I think I would die for two straight hours of running. I usually run more when I am frustrated. Good Luck! Some of my roommates did the marathon in Tahoe they said it was killer, but after your half marathon I think you should do the marathon in Tahoe...then I could come.

Kaesy said...

I think I am running the 10K at Bear Lake that day! Woot!

amy g said...

Lynd! I am so proud of you, you are going to love a half marathon it feels awesome! You will have to keep me posted on how it goes!

The Coopers said...

That is awesome about the marathon! I am so impressed, cause I hate to run too, so that is very cool! I hope that you guys get feeling better soon, I am just heading into a cold with Audrey, but I can't complain cause we have been relatively healthy this winter! Hope we can get together soon.

Mindi said...

If my body will cooperate after having a baby, I am definitely in (me,not Greg). It may be pushing it, but that will give me a specific date to work towards. We'll see...

Zach and Erika said...

sheesh, i signed up for the ogden 1/2 marathon and have been training for a couple weeks but i am no where near close to being ready. you are such a stud! good luck! i am such a wimp, i worry i won't be ready in time!

The Hammonds said...

Lyn-
I want to run the Bear Lake half with you. That would be amazing!

I miss St. George so much! we need to do a reunion there with just girls and NO KIDS!

What do you think?