Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Unforgettable Vacation!






I know it has been a while and I have a lot to catch up on but I will start out with what is fresh on my mind. Well, Chad and I have been planning on going on a cruise for a few years and back in January we booked a 7 night cruise to Mexico. Well, a few weeks later, Chad was informed that he had to be to work on one of the days we would be gone, so we tried to get it changed before a $ penalty but couldn't so we ended up paying an extra $900 (nearly the cost of the whole trip) to get it changed to 1 week earlier. We were set on going to Mexico! Anyway, we left on Friday, April 24th and Krista picked us up at the Airport. We stayed with her and her and Derick introduced us to RockBand! We stayed up late trying with no improvement but we had so much fun hanging with them anyway!

The Cruise....so 2 days into the cruise we are told that we are no longer allowed to port in Mexico due to the Swine Flu. We turn around and head back up to the states. One ship ported and was quaranteened until they could prove no-one had any symptoms/fever before they could come back to the states. Anyway, so after after 4.5days of dizziness and moderate sea sickness and 1.5 day of warm weather we finally ported in San Diego. We met a couple from Sandy, the Nielsen's and had so much fun hanging out with them. We toured the U.S.S. Midway and that was great! Then we were feeling adventurous and went Kayacking. I could write so many things about our guide who was a little bit different but this post would be too long...anyway, he was a goof and not very organized. He basically gave us no instruction, and as he led our friends back around the corner of a cave, the waves pushed them up onto the rocks and as they stood up another wave came in and as Marielle fell back, the oar hit her 2 front teeth and chipped them both...picture to follow!! We told her we'd post this and let me tell you she was such a good sport. I wanted to cry for her, but laugh at the same time...it was just how this trip was going!

Anyway, then back to the ship and on to Catalina Island. We rode tandem bikes around, arguing all the way! We really weren't too impressed with Catalina, but probably had to do with being our last day and full of disappointment and cold weather!

All in all, we were together, met great friends, didn't cook, clean, do dishes, change diapers, and ate lots and lots (5 lbs worth) of great food, so it was worth it! One day I will make it to Mexico, and they did give us 50% off of a future cruise!(my camera battery died during post so I will post more pics later--hopefully it wont take 4 months)

8 comments:

Maricia said...

Wow! What a trip! It reminded me of one of those touristy movies where everything goes wrong! lol But I'm glad you guys got to have a break from everything! You look so cute all dressed up in the first pic! Sam & I are suppose to go to Mexico in 2 weeks hopefully things will have calmed down by then!

Timothy and Nicole said...

I was worried and wondering about you guys, and your Mexico trip with the whole swine flue. Oh my goodness. So no free cruise in the future. I can't believe her teeth... so sad and funny. I am glad you were able to get a little break. Sounds like a bit of the unexpected happened.

Kristie said...

Oh I'm so happy that you guys had a good time anyways. That is crazy about her teeth. But how fun to get away from everything and just have sometime with just the two of you.

Mindi said...

Sounds like you guys had fun despite the swine flu. Hopefully the next cruise will be better. Still, it is nice to get away for a while. It looks like you got a lot of sun anyway!!

The Hammonds said...

Lyndee! I am so sad I didn't get to see you. I was so looking forward to hanging out with you and Chad. Nichole was here as well and she was going to come with me. So crappy. We really need to plan a reunion. I miss your guts. You look so cute!

Kaes said that you started playing soccer together and that you were tearing it up. She said that the way you played reminded her of me. Dont worry! I set the record straight and let her know that it was because I taught you everything you know...

love ya

Haha.

Holly and Daric said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! Hopefully we'll get to see you and your cute kids in a few weeks!

J + A Humphreys said...

Oh my goodness! That is CRAZY! I didn't know you were right down the road from us in SD. I've been to Catalina - same thing, not so impressed, very expensive. Stinkin' swine flu. At least you got a break and some time with the hubby. I would die for some of that! You look great though. So pretty and tan!

FRYER FAM said...

crazy. isn't that about the way it goes when you try so hard to "plan" something. sorry it was so crazy.