So mainly my excuse is nearly constant sickness, from cold sores, to diarrhea, vomiting, colds, ear infections, strep throat, impetigo....you name it. It has been frustrating.
Our Thanksgiving and Christmas was great all except for my kids vomiting all over the place. This past week, I asked my parents to take my kids and did the very best I could and spent about 8 hours sterilizing my house. But sickness remains so we have been homebodies, and stir crazy home bodies at that. I did have fun at lunch with some friends and a little new year's get together.
We are finishing our basement, and that is exciting although in my mind I think it will "make it easier" the realist (chad would say pessimist) makes me say that I still don't see an end to the madness in sight! I literally spend half of my day, shutting drawers, shutting the fridge, replacing the heat vents, removing toys from heat vents, replacing rugs, hiding brooms and mops, taking my 16 month olds off the kitchen table and many more unnerving tasks! Those boys are into everything.
Kael has quickly turned from being my "easy" child to the most difficult at times. He is a BULLY! He hits, he screams, all to annoy Cali! Chad and I sit back and laugh sometimes until we feel bad, but seriously can you put a 16 month old in time-out? I've tried, it doesnt work. When I just had Cali I remember that I rarely yelled at her, "she was just a baby"....well, my softness is gone and my voice is raised way too much!!! Anyway, that is my resolution for the year, to take it day by day and not to raise my voice. Cali yells and I see that she gets it from me. Hopefully I am not too late to change!
Isn't this SEXY hair! I finally convinced Chad to give the razor a rest and let their hair grow out.
Cali on her new scooter! She loves it!
This is actually at the healing phase, it was once much worse. Poor kid!
13 comments:
I am sorry to hear that your children have been so sick. It is no fun when they feel under the weather. I had a run with sick kids for about 2 years I know just what you are going through...hang in there.
That sucks. I'm sorry. But on the bright side - your hair looks great!
I feel bad that you guys have been so sick. When they get better, send them over to play with Luke. He needs some company!! I'm glad you posted the princess picture. Greg will love it!
You poor thing...I have to agree your hair does look great. So, what works when they're too young for time outs? Do you have any tricks?
Oh, I feel so bad that you have had that much sickness, I am so sorry. That is so hard to deal with and you feel so bad for them when there is nothing else you can do. oh and your hair looks so good, when did you do it! I love it. I can't even imagine having two at that age, it is so hard to deal with just one! I wish I had some good advice, but I am the one usually asking for help. Let me know when things get a little better for ya, we want to have you guys up sometime!
I love your hair. It looks awesome! It stinks that you have had it so bad this year. Just think all the antibodies you will have built up for next year! (Does it even work like that? It will make you feel better!) Hang in there-you are awesome! Good luck! Keep us posted!
That sounds awful Lyn! I can't believe his little face! Hang in there. Soon you'll be able to put them in time out and it will be AWESOME! Just kidding.
P.S. I love your hair!
yeah finally an update. sorry it has been so nuts at the barneys but i'm glad to see you're ok. you look fabulous. who did your cute hair? love it. miss ya.
So I just woke up and need to report my crazy dream. I was visiting you but you guys lived in St. George, in the middle of a golf course, yes the middle, not along the side. And you had your three kids plus one more. She was between the twins and Cali, her name was SamHailey, one word. I was stressed the whole dream on whether I should call her Sam or Hailey. We were talking and the kids were all around being chaotic, and all of the sudden you drop to the floor, your heart had stopped, or cardiac arrest, something. And Chad just starts showing me around the house like I'm going to take over as mommy and housekeeper. Then I run back to you, pull an adrenaline pen out of my pocket and stab it into your heart. That was the end. So Crazy. I don't really know what to say after all that..phew!
I've been thinking about you. It was so fun to see you over the holidays. So glad we were able to get together! Winter is such a crazy time...hopefully we'll see spring soon. I don't think you can start time out too early, even if you sit with them.
Lyn! I love your hair. It looks so cute! I have never seen you with short hair. Good work!
PS. I would be scared of Teryn right now.
Post a Comment