Well, I am really happy being a mom but I get caught sulking a little bit. I am so grateful that I am able to stay home with my kids but I get a little stir crazy at the same time. I have returned to work for one shift a 4 hour shift. It was good to see friends but I also realized that I am tired enough with kids that I really don't want to add any night shifts onto the agenda unless I really have to. I will pick up a few shifts here and there but it is getting harder as we are getting busier.
I am helping train a 12 yr old girls comp soccer team. It has been fun and gets me involved in soccer. I am also starting to play in an outdoor women's league on Tuesday and Thursday nights starting in April. That might be scary. I am going to try to run some races this summer--not cause I like running but just to get off those last few baby weight lbs.
We are really excited to get our yard put in (thanks to 3 kids and our tax return) and having good weather so we can spend more time outside.
And I broke down and reluctantly we decided to swallow our pride and we bought a minivan. I fought that I ever would but I am so glad now. I am not gonna lie and say that I love the image of a total soccer mom driving my white minivan. I think it is a rule that people who buy minivan's have to rant and rave about how great they are so that more people will buy them! But seriously it is so convenient. The doors open by remote so I can have two carseats in hand (even though I can barely carry those heavy boys at the same time). Cali can't reach the boys to take their pacifiers out... if she can't have a pacifier then either can they! And it has a dvd player and pretty much it is always playing Cinderella. I often think and am not proud of it but how did anyone survive without pbs, disney channel, and dvd players.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment