Sunday, April 20, 2008

Starting SLOW!!!

Well, I ran in a 5k yesterday. I came to the realization that although I have always considered myself an athlete, I am officially no longer in that category. Well, I went very slow but I didn't walk and I finished--yes I am talking about only 3.1 miles (although most people at the race report that it was really 3.5 miles)--so we will just hope that is true. I signed myself up about a month ago and ran a few times when I could to get ready, but in all honesty it killed me. But I am going to keep going. I eventually want to do a triathalon but I need a place to swim and a bike so that is in the future.. Anyway, its a start. And I just want to give credit to all those real athletes who run marathons and do triathalons and all those individual sports that I suck at..... well hopefully not for long.

6 comments:

jodi said...

I'm totally impressed. I don't know how you've had time to train at all. Hey, I love your new background, it's very cute!

amy g said...

good job lynd!! hey sorry I couldn't make it to the shower, We had another family activity to attend (I would have rather been at YOUR shower!) hope it was a good turn out....so I clicked on DJ and Holly's blog and it's about some kid named Deric...who's deric?? (jk, it just sounds weird.)

J + A Humphreys said...

Lyndee, Hi! So fun to get a comment from you. Casha was telling me about your family and I wanted to see what your kiddos looked like. They are SO DARLING! I think your little dudes might be fatter than my Drew. haha! So glad you guys are doing so great. Nice job on the 5K...in my head I am pro soccer player, but in real life, well...I wish! Hope it's okay if we check on you guys, too. Blogging is great, we need to get everyone to do it. :)

Kaesy said...

Oh I'm so happy you found me! How did you find me? I always wonder if you have a blog...

I lost my phone...LOST...so I don't have your number anymore. I need it because I'm having a little shower that you could come to! email me your number! kaesycarpenter@hotmail.com

How about the twins plus Chad equals triplets. They look EXACTLY alike.

The Wimmer 5 said...

Kay, so remember we are gonna train together? I'm seriously still up for it if you are. And if we get the house out there. Please be soon!
Yeah, I was doing like 4 miles a day in Oregon and it wasn't easy but I seriously cannot do it here. I think it's the altitude. Does that sound so dumb? I'm so proud of you for finishing! Talk to you guys soon.

Kaesy said...

Okay I just read your comment on our Free Golf post...too funny Chad got kicked off your golf course. Let's do get together. We would love to see your little fam.